The Rogue Water, LLC team has worked remotely for 2.5 years. They have customers across the country, but also a remote team spread out across multiple cities in Texas, San Francisco, and Wyoming. There are a plethora of resources about remote working available now because of the impacts of Covid-19. However, in true H2duO form, we wanted to give you our perspective in our own way. We are joined by Rogue Water’s Chief Revolution Strategist, Nashelley Kaplan-Dailey.
- Wear pants. Whether it’s random knocks at the door, bored children or rogue animals, you never know why you might need to jump up from your seat.
- Routine is your friend.
- Place matters. Create your space.
- Give yourself (and others) some grace.
- Test tech in advance.
- Try new tools. We love Slack.
- Get organized. We use Monday.com.
- Don’t forget to have fun. It’s not all about the meetings. Have team happy hours or movie nights.
- Take breaks!
- Take strategic breaks. Set time limits on TV and social.
- Learn what makes your own “best day”.
- Specificity matters!
- Food. Have a plan for the munchies.
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes or on Stitcher. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others. We give a shoutout to everyone who rates the podcast with 5 stars in future episodes.
Give us some love on Twitter or Instagram and tag us @roguewaterlab or by using #WaterInRealLifePodcast
If you know someone you think would benefit, please spread the word by using the share buttons on this page.
Thank you for sharing some of your time with us. We know how precious those minutes are. Share your story, you never know who needs to hear it and remember, “Those who tell the stories, rule the world.”