Khunapong “Khun” Khunaraksa is a Portfolio Manager at Water.org. Khun is focused on water utility financing programs in Cambodia, Indonesia, and the Philippines. His passion stems from his expert experience as a water engineer and that he is originally from this region. This is why Khun is proud to be a part of a team working diligently to achieve access to safe water and sanitation for all. He’s seen firsthand how access to safe water can change communities and empower people in Southeast Asia, inspiring him to help reach even more.
Things you might already know:
- Water.org was founded by Gary White and Matt Damon
- 844 million people around the world lack access to clean water
- 2.3 billion people around the world lack access to sanitation
- The global water crisis requires $114 billion dollars of investment each year to solve
Things you may not have known:
- Water.org began their water credit program in 2003. To date they have impacted the lives of 14 million people and now impact one million people every quarter
- The average micro loan in Indonesia is $100 to tap into the local water utility
- The repayment rate for the water credit program is 99%
- Water.org works with local utilities to accelerate progress towards ending the global water crisis
- There is no one-size-fits-all solution. Collaboration is key
- Water.org uses partners on the ground to do public outreach efforts that communicate the value of water and sanitation
- Ultimately, we are more alike than we are different. People want the best for their family
- Just like in the US, getting buy in from all stakeholders, from management to field crews, is essential to the success of a program
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
Utilities can now automate leak alerts with Dropcountr – the customer portal built for water utilities. Dropcountr helps customers manage their water use and avoid unwanted usage with leak alerts. The team works with the utility to set automated burst and continuous usage thresholds for their users, to help them avoid bill surprises, reduce customer calls and improve customer satisfaction. The leak alerts run in the background, your team never needs to think about them – it’s kind of like magic. Find out more about Dropcountr and the work they’re doing at theh2duo.com/dropcountr.
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes or on Stitcher. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others. We give a shoutout to everyone who rates the podcast with 5 stars in future episodes.
Give us some love on Twitter by tagging us @THE_H2duO or by using the #WaterInRealLifePodcast
If you know someone you think would benefit, please spread the word by using the share buttons on this page.
Thank you for sharing some of your time with us. We know how precious those minutes are. Share your story, you never know who needs to hear it and remember, “Those who tell the stories, rule the world.”