Storytelling has become buzzword that is even permeating the water industry conferences. It can conjure up memories of having a story read to you at bedtime. This episode provides legit cognitive facts that back up the way the human mind is hardwired to respond to and retain information from stories.
In their first installment of the Water Nerds Guide, the H2duO focus on the science behind storytelling. They’re going to discuss why we need to reframe the way we handle communication in the water industry, the science behind storytelling, and some things to keep in mind as your craft your own stories.
Story Proof by Kendall Haven
Story Smart by Kendall Haven
Rocketbook Smart Notebook: Our friend Ryan Beltran got us hooked. It instantly connects and stores it all in the cloud with its free smart notebook app. Get 10% off your order of the Rocketbook Smart Notebook using the code: FromtheFuture
Audible is offering our listeners a free audiobook with a 30-day trial membership. Just go to audibletrial.com/waterinreallife and browse the unmatched selection of audio programs – download a title free and start listening.
- Learn how customer expectation are reframing our conversations.
- “Stories are up to 22 times more memorable than facts or figures alone.” Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Stephanie introduces Kendall Haven author of Story Proof and Story Smart. His concept of the neural story net: the part of our brain that makes connections when there is missing information.
- Kendall Haven also talks about four major concepts related to how to best deliver your story: engagement, transportation, relevance, influence
- Readability is key. Poor readability causes: frustration, irritation, and suspicion.
- An image with a human face gets 38% more engagement than those without a face.
Please consider rating the podcast with 5 stars and leaving a one- or two-sentence review in iTunes or on Stitcher. This helps tremendously in bringing the podcast to the attention of others. We give a shoutout to everyone who rates the podcast with 5 stars in future episodes.
Give us some love on Twitter by tagging us @THE_H2duO or by using the #WaterInRealLifePodcast
If you know someone you think would benefit, please spread the word by using the share buttons on this page.
Thank you for sharing some of your time with us. We know how precious those minutes are. Share your story, you never know who needs to hear it and remember, “Those who tell the stories, rule the world.”